What is User-Generated Content?
User-generated content (UGC) refers to any media that was created by users. This can include images, videos, audio files, text posts, tweets, and more. The key factor is that the content was created by users of a service or customers of a brand, rather than by professionals seeking to sell said service or brand.
Benefits of User-Generated Content
User-generated content is one of the hottest trends in marketing right now. Top brands around the world [link to UGC blog] are recognizing that encouraging, collecting, and curating UGC is the perfect means to creating original, authentic, and compelling campaigns that drive results.
The reason behind the effectiveness of UGC is compelling in itself. Today’s customers are increasingly distrustful of paid advertising such as print ads and television ads (down 25% since 2009), but increasingly trustful of earned media such as word-of-mouth, referrals from family and friends, and online reviews (up 18% since 2007).
UGC gives you the best of both worlds: the control of paid advertising and the authenticity of earned media. Recent research has shown that user-generated content marketing especially stands out for consumers ages 18-36: they consider UGC 50% more trustworthy, 35% more memorable, and 20% more influential on purchase than any other form of media. If you aren’t leveraging UGC for your brand yet, it’s time to start.
Research also reveals the percentage of consumers who said they use UGC to help them make buying decisions for the following products:
Powered by BAM!
Our user-generated content module is a unique digital platform that allows brands to leverage UGC more easily and effectively than ever before. With BAM!, you are empowered to make your content work for you:
- Collect – Gather any form of digital media from across your organization, customers, and social media.
- Curate – Simple hierarchy-based curation allows you to quickly discover the most compelling content.
- Publish – Push updates to any digital platform directly from the system.
- Incentivize – Run campaigns and events to request specific content.
- Build Your Network – Spark an organically-growing network of brand ambassadors to reach more customers, get better content, and continue to strengthen your network.
PROJECT FEATURE — Daimler Trucks North America HR
Showcasing a great place to work
See how our custom incentivized software pulls curated content from across social media for publishing onto a brand website.